On Tuesday 5th October 2021, at 09.30 - 11.00 BST, HVS, along with our friends at Bird & Bird (lawyers), AlixPartners (restructuring specialists) and EP Business in Hospitality, are pleased to present our next seminar, focusing on the financial health of the hotel sector and its recovery in a post-Covid world.
Our seminar will focus on the balance sheet challenge that many hotel companies will be facing having raised liquidity through debt finance to survive the COVID crisis. We will examine the funding support that has been provided and what actions companies should consider in order to ensure balance sheets are fit for the recovery. Presentations will be followed by a lively Q&A featuring a panel of experts. Topics will include:
- Reflections on the current market: There has been very limited formal restructuring activity in the market so far; why is this and when might this change?
- Attitudes of stakeholders: Shareholders, lenders and managers have different perspectives and priorities as markets recover
- Funding available in the market: Balance sheets may need to be re-capitalised but what funding is available in the market and what are those funders looking for?
- Main challenges to overcome: What structural and legal issues need to be considered and addressed when looking to re-set the balance sheet?
- Increased insolvencies: There have been very few insolvencies so far in this crisis; will this change and if it does, what will be the trigger?
As part of the welcome return of live events and in-person interaction, we are delighted to announce that this, our tenth event together, will be held live and also broadcast online from a venue in central London.
We have a limited number of audience tickets available, and you will be able to express your preference for online or in-person attendance* during the registration process. Those attending in-person will be invited to join us from 08.30 for a networking breakfast; there will be further networking opportunities following the seminar.
Please register your interest in attending, either in person* or online.
We look forward to welcoming you to our tenth seminar in this series.
Russell Kett, Chairman, HVS
* We will be following strict health and safety protocols to enable In-person attendance, subject to whatever guidance is in place at the time, and numbers will be subject to availability. Should it become necessary to further reduce or limit attendance, online participation will be offered to all registered attendees.